MOVING RULES: AMENDED AUGUST 2017
for moving IN, as soon as possible after a lease is executed and at least one week before moving OUT.
Failure to provide proper notice shall result in a $100 fine to the unit OWNER.
If you fail to give advance notification of a move, you could find yourself trying to move in or out at the
same time someone else is. Whichever party gave advance notification has priority and the other party’s
movers will have to wait. This potential situation does NOT negate any of the rules listed below.
The River Renaissance building has no freight elevator or loading dock to accommodate moves. The parking lot to the east of the building is privately owned. Moving vehicles can only park on Erie Street – a busy, often congested area. There are two elevators in the building. The west elevator is in the main lobby front entrance off Erie Street. The west elevator may NOT be used for moving under any circumstances! The east elevator is located in the lobby off the river walk access ramp at the east end of the building. Only the EAST elevator can be used for moves in and out of River Renaissance. The east elevator serves the residential floors in the building and, therefore, cannot be held at any floor during moves or reserved. Please be aware of and respect the following: CONDO ASSN / BUILDING MANAGEMENT RULES RELATING TO MOVES:
- The west elevator and main lobby may NOT be used for moving under any circumstances!
- Only the EAST elevator can be used for moves in and out of River Renaissance. It cannot be held at floors during moves or reserved.
- Click HERE for east elevator dimensions.
- The parking lot to the east of the RR building is NOT owned by the Association and cannot be used for moves on any day or at any time.
- No moving trucks or trailers are allowed inside the parking garage.
- Moving trucks must park on ERIE STREET and may NOT block RR’s garage entrance.
- It is the mover’s responsibility to observe parking regulations.
- If necessary to double-park, a cell-phone contact number should be clearly displayed in moving vehicle’s window.
- The east entrance door (adjacent to the river walk access ramp) may not be left propped open and unattended at any time during a move.
- Propping the east entrance door, leaving it unattended, is a security violation and CCTV recorded.
- The east elevator cannot be held at any floor during moves.
- During moves, corridors must be kept clear of furniture, boxes and moving materials and equipment.
- Boxes and cartons must be FLATTENED and placed in the cardboard dumpster at the west end of the parking garage (upper level P1).
- Common area floor and wall protection is the responsibility of the party moving in or out.
- NOTE: Moves often result in furniture and other items to be disposed of. Disposal is the responsibility of the resident, NOT the condo association. Do not leave these items anywhere in the building / garage. Click HERE for trash policy.
- A $300 DEPOSIT SHALL BE COLLECTED FOR ANY MOVE 10 DAYS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED MOVE DATE.
- ANY DAMAGE THAT OCCURS FROM A MOVE SHALL BE ASSESSED TO THE UNIT OWNER.
- FAILURE TO PROVIDE PROPER NOTICE SHALL RESULT IN A $100 FINE.
- Click on this link to review ESSENTIAL BUILDING INFORMATION
- Contact WE Energies to set up or terminate your gas & electric utilities account. (800-242-9137 or online)
- Renters must arrange for acquiring and turning in unit and mailbox keys, fobs and garage remote openers with their landlord or rental agent.
- Renters must contact their landlord or leasing agent with any questions or issues relating to their unit.
- In the event of an emergency, contact Hunt Management, RR’s property management firm at (262) 238-1480.